Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Shane Morris, QB, Warren de LaSalle-2013 MICHIGAN VERBAL

vCash

This was just a single bad camp performance, so I'd say it's still a bit too early to call him overhyped. However, the track record for players who commit or are heavy UM leans as early as their Sophomore year isn't terribly stellar - Will Campbell, Marvin Robinson, and Ricardo Miller come to mind.

vCash

FTR, I wasn't calling him over-hyped right now. Just think that he will be when everything is said and done.

That said, I've never even seen him play. lol. Just a gut feeling.
    pEmo

vCash

I can deal with him being awful if he can continue to be an asset in recruiting. If recruits find out he is a b*tch, that will affect his ability to recruit. At that point he is useless to me. They can get another QB in the next class especially since they claim they like that Bellomy guy they took from Purdue's class last year.

vCash

FTR, as soon as I saw that he is left handed, I could take him or leave him. Left handed athletes are annoying as hell to watch.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Hand View Post
    I can deal with him being awful if he can continue to be an asset in recruiting. If recruits find out he is a b*tch, that will affect his ability to recruit. At that point he is useless to me. They can get another QB in the next class especially since they claim they like that Bellomy guy they took from Purdue's class last year.
    I read on rivals that they like bellomy and he has been a great leader.. BUT his arm strength isn't great and hes not super accuarate.. I'm sick of not having a qb that can throw the deep ball

vCash

I'm pretty sure that Morris will have a great college career, but the expectations that UM fans are putting on this kid right out of the gate are pretty unfair. Not so much on here I guess, but UM fans are talking about him being the next coming of Christ on Rivals. Kid hasn't even played his senior year of HS yet.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by knuckles311 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Morris will have a great college career, but the expectations that UM fans are putting on this kid right out of the gate are pretty unfair. Not so much on here I guess, but UM fans are talking about him being the next coming of Christ on Rivals. Kid hasn't even played his senior year of HS yet.
    I hope he can win the job when he is a redshirt freshman, if he cant that must mean Bellomy is pretty good, which there has been some positives about his play so far.
    "Between the promise and the payoff is the process -- and the process is the point."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Hand View Post
    FTR, as soon as I saw that he is left handed, I could take him or leave him. Left handed athletes are annoying as hell to watch.
    LOVED watching Rick Leach play................

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by knuckles311 View Post

If the rumors of his extensive help in recruiting are true, I think that's adding to the expectations, fairly or not. But I agree, who knows how good he'll be. I think a lot of it stems from people just wanting to get back to having a pro style QB (for the most part)
    SI member# 1572
    Lions Seats Section 223 Row 5 seats 1-4

vCash

How can expectations not be high, when people are told that UM has a 5* QB coming in?

I mean really, this kid may be the top HS QB (or at least in the top5).
    "the world will know soon enough if Millen in fact acted alone."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FastFreddie View Post
    How can expectations not be high, when people are told that UM has a 5* QB coming in?

I mean really, this kid may be the top HS QB (or at least in the top5).
    Because some are talking about him coming in, and not just starting as a true freshman, but dominating. QB obviously isn't like other positions. 5* or not, rarely are you going to come in and hit the ground running, especially when you have displayed the accuracy problems that Morris has. Frankly, if he does have to start as a freshman, I would consider that a serious problem if I was a UM fan.