Page 110 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,200 to 1,210 of 1350

Thread: U of M Football general recruiting thread

vCash

Weeheheheheheeeee

vCash

Lots of info out there about today's Adidas Invitational -

Sam Webb ‏ @SamWebb77
    Upland, CA DE Joe Mathis said he got chills walking down the tunnel at #michigan stadium yesterday
    Sam Webb ‏ @SamWebb77
    #michigan commit Shane Morris said his top recruiting priority is ty Isaac and that he thinks things are going well
    Sam Webb ‏ @SamWebb77
    Joe mathis just blew by #michigan commit david dawson in their 1st 1on1. This is after dawson beat mathis twice in the tug of war
    Tom VanHaaren ‏ @TomVH
    David Dawson just mauled DE Devonte Lee in one on ones
    http://247sports.com/Article/Adidas-...rformers-69179

ANN ARBOR, Mich. – The two football fields at Concordia University in Ann Arbor were littered with future BCS players on Saturday at the first-annual Adidas Invitational.

The nation's top-ranked OLB Jaylon Smith is one of the nation's most versatile prospects.

Here’s a quick look at the Top-10 performers.

2. Four-star cornerback Jourdan Lewis showed his versatility. The Michigan commit out of Detroit (Mich.) Cass Tech locked down all the top receivers at the event, only getting beat deep one time by Notre Dame commit James Onwualu. He had great hip turn, good break on the ball and he was aggressive.

Lewis also lined up at receiver and was one of the few to catch a pass against a swarming Smith. Lewis said that Michigan has mentioned playing receiver could also be a possibility on the next level, and on Saturday he was certainly a playmaker on the offensive side of the ball.

3. Warren (Mich.) De La Salle quarterback and Michigan pledge Shane Morris was everything he should have been as the nation’s No. 2 pro-style passer. The strong-armed lefty was extremely sharp in every aspect mechanically, and he spun the ball really well. He had a very quick release, and he uses his eyes well in not staring down the target. He was head and shoulders above the other signal-callers in attendance.

4. Detroit (Mich.) Cass Tech Top247 offensive lineman David Dawson is one mean cuss. The Michigan commit violently took it to sought after defensive lineman Joe Mathis in two easily won matches of tire tug-a-war. In 1-on-1s, he was a bully of an offensive lineman, going back and forth with Mathis and dominating nearly everyone else he faced. He delivers a good punch and has a great base. Has really reshaped his body from the season and is down 25 pounds to 280. You could tell the nation’s No. 9 offensive guard is not carrying much extra weight on his 6-foot-5 frame.

6. Standing in at 6-foot-6, 265-pounds and already holding early offers from Michigan, Ohio State, Stanford and Syracuse, Detroit (Mich.) Loyola defensive end Malik McDowell has the look of a future blue-chipper. After a slow start during agilities, he showed why he’s going to be such a sought after prospect. McDowell used a variety of pass rushing moves, including a slick spin, and was virtually unblockable during those drills.

8. Nobody came farther to participate on Saturday than Upland (Calif.) High defensive end Joe Mathis, who confirmed with 247Sports that Michigan was his leader following his visit to the Wolverines campus on Friday. Mathis quickly bounced back from his tug-a-war defeats to Dawson to be one of the tougher defensive linemen to block. He’s a tough kid that battles, plays extremely physical and just outmuscled offensive linemen from the momentum built from his quick burst and play with good pad level.

Honorable Mention Performers

11. Jon Reschke, 2013, LB, Bloomfield Hills (Mich.) Brother Rice (committed to Michigan State)
    12. James Onwualu, 2013, WR, St. Paul (Minn.) Cretin-Derham Hall (committed to Notre Dame)
    13. Jayru Campbell, 2015, QB, Detroit (Mich.) Cass Tech
    15. Berkley Edwards, 2013, RB, Chelsea (Mich.) High
    Bryan Fischer ‏ @BryanDFischer
    To clear up any confusion in this: http://cbsprt.co/Hwb8vt Michigan QB commit Shane Morris on called Ohio State "Ohio." Twice.
    Retweeted by Shane Morris
    Last edited by ChrisBrown; 04-07-2012 at 09:57 PM.

vCash

No idea where to put this so I'll put it here.. Urb is scum

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...gram-will-musc

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mikevshungry View Post
    No idea where to put this so I'll put it here.. Urb is scum

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...gram-will-musc
    how bout here

http://www.sportsinferno.com/threads...orida-football

vCash

The ESPN 150 came out today, and UM checks in with 11 members -

#37 - Shane Morris
    #63 - Gareon Conley
    #75 - Mike McCray
    #92 - David Dawson
    #97 - Logan Tuley-Tillman
    #98 - Dymonte Thomas
    #105 - Chris Fox
    #107 - Jourdan Lewis
    #112 - Kyle Bosch
    #115 - Taco Charlton
    #121 - Patrick Kugler

Other targets -

#42 - LaQuon Treadwell
    #68 - Ty Isaac

vCash

Decent, last year Alabama had 13 and they ended up#1 in their rankings.
    The Stranger: Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes, well, he eats you.
    The Big Lebowski

"The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed."

vCash

Morris got screwed being the #4 Qb in the country. I have no clue who is better than Morris.

It's probably a Texas recruit, they always get overrated cuz they're Texas.
    Thedzone.net - H.S. Sports Blog for Southeastern Michigan Football & on Twitter @TheD_Zone

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The D Zone View Post
    Morris got screwed being the #4 Qb in the country. I have no clue who is better than Morris.

It's probably a Texas recruit, they always get overrated cuz they're Texas.
    I still believe Morris needs to get better on the actual field, imo...I know his receivers need to help him out, but he also needs to perform better..I have no problem with the ranking to be honest..
    "People who drink light "beer" don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tommyz View Post
    I still believe Morris needs to get better on the actual field, imo...I know his receivers need to help him out, but he also needs to perform better..I have no problem with the ranking to be honest..
    Well that's where I have to disagree because Morris cannot make his wide receivers catch the ball. He throws the ball to where it should be and unfortunately they cannot hold onto the ball. Look at the camps, the receivers there do not drop most of his passes.

Morris's arms right now is very comparable to a professional QB. Morris can probably throw harder than most pro and college Qb's in all honesty. Yeah he needs to work on accuracy and all those mechanics but I don't see a QB who has much potential as Morris. Recruiting sites are supposed to be set on potential.

But the 3 ahead of him... aren't better IMO.
    Thedzone.net - H.S. Sports Blog for Southeastern Michigan Football & on Twitter @TheD_Zone

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The D Zone View Post
    Well that's where I have to disagree because Morris cannot make his wide receivers catch the ball. He throws the ball to where it should be and unfortunately they cannot hold onto the ball. Look at the camps, the receivers there do not drop most of his passes.

Morris's arms right now is very comparable to a professional QB. Morris can probably throw harder than most pro and college Qb's in all honesty. Yeah he needs to work on accuracy and all those mechanics but I don't see a QB who has much potential as Morris. Recruiting sites are supposed to be set on potential.

But the 3 ahead of him... aren't better IMO.
    Camps mean nothing..there are no pads, no hits and no one coming at him..Great Quarterbacks make their WR Great..He has to get better, and im sure will when he gets to Michigan.
    "People who drink light "beer" don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."

vCash

I agree 99% but his receivers need to help him out. He cannot catch passes that he throws. The passes usually are right in their hands. It's not his fault they cannot catch the football is what I am saying.

Just look at how many drops there were vs Cass Tech lol. Most of the passes were right where they should be.

I cannot wait to see him on a college squad. He may surprise a select few.