Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: #2 Pick in a 20 Team Draft

vCash

Default #2 Pick in a 20 Team Draft

That's right, i have the #2 pick in a 20 team draft...i want to ask you guys for some thoughts on a strategy for drafting...

So, with my first pick, i take the BEST RB, since i won't see one again

here's what i think...let me know if you agree

we start:
    QB
    WR
    WR
    WR/RB
    RB
    TE
    K

1 - RB
    2 - WR
    3 - QB
    4 - WR or RB or TE (best)
    5 - RB or WR or TE (best)

vCash

20 teams is a lot, I don't even like 12 teams but that is as high as I would go. Running back I think is what you have to take but it's a while until your second pick.

vCash

take 2 QBs as early as possible. You don't want to be stuck with only 1 starting QB and nothing to cover that spot on his bye week.
    www.HillsdaleBasketball.com

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by digitalv View Post
    take 2 QBs as early as possible. You don't want to be stuck with only 1 starting QB and nothing to cover that spot on his bye week.
    but I'm the #2 pick...i would rather take a top teir RB first, wouldn't you?

vCash

yea, with your first pick take RB, I was just stating that if there is 20 teams I'd over value the QB spot a little bit because not everyone will get 2 starting QBs, and you don't want to be THAT guy

vCash

somebody don't show up, i'd love me some 20 team fantasy football !!
    "Number 43 added Four Trillion Dollars by his lonesome. That's irresponsible. Its unpatriotic." Barack Obama

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by digitalv View Post
    yea, with your first pick take RB, I was just stating that if there is 20 teams I'd over value the QB spot a little bit because not everyone will get 2 starting QBs, and you don't want to be THAT guy
    Quote Originally Posted by RickfromFowler View Post
    somebody don't show up, i'd love me some 20 team fantasy football !!
    it's brutal...i will go RB then QB then WR then QB

rff, it's something that is really hard...hardest thing i've ever drafted...last year loved my team, and i came in like 15th

vCash

I'm in an 18 team dynasty league.. so I know what your feeling.

I've been thinking about this.. and I'm going to tell you to go QB, RB, WR, RB, QB, WR

in that order..

with 20 teams, there aren't 40 qbs..

plus, with injuries at QB common.. you gotta have 2 starting QB... also, puts you in dominate trade position.

take Brees.. come back with another solid starter.. maybe flacco or e.manning will still be on the board..

RBs.. your going ot have to take K. Faulk, S.Morris, D.Sproles, A.Bradshaw.. these are all upside part-timers who are going to get 800 yards..
    "Number 43 added Four Trillion Dollars by his lonesome. That's irresponsible. Its unpatriotic." Barack Obama

vCash

I'm in an 18 team dynasty league.. so I know what your feeling.

I've been thinking about this.. and I'm going to tell you to go QB, RB, WR, RB, QB, WR

in that order..

with 20 teams, there aren't 40 qbs..

plus, with injuries at QB common.. you gotta have 2 starting QB... also, puts you in dominate trade position.

take Brees.. come back with another solid starter.. maybe flacco or e.manning will still be on the board..

RBs.. your going ot have to take K. Faulk, S.Morris, D.Sproles, A.Bradshaw.. these are all upside part-timers who are going to get 800 yards..
    i was contemplating that strategy...i think i may...because soooo many will be gone by the time it comes back around...so i think i'll follow what you are saying

vCash

Been thinking some more.. don't wait till the 5th, go with the 2nd QB in the 3rd.. I think there will be guys left, because there will be a run on RB and a run on WR.. that means a top 20 guy will come to you at the 42nd pick.

Take a RB at 39..

WR show up every year..

another guy to keep an eye on.. Rashard Mendanhall..

vCash

Been thinking some more.. don't wait till the 5th, go with the 2nd QB in the 3rd.. I think there will be guys left, because there will be a run on RB and a run on WR.. that means a top 20 guy will come to you at the 42nd pick.

Take a RB at 39..

WR show up every year..

another guy to keep an eye on.. Rashard Mendanhall..
    agree, can't wait until round 5 to take your 2nd QB. That will be pick 82 and by that time I'm almost certain a lot of teams will have at least 1 QB, maybe even reach for 2 of them.

I do like Rick's idea about going QB, RB, QB. WRs come an go and you can usually can find a decent flier player that will produce better than expected (like a Bobby Wade-esque player). You could possibly even do RB, QB, QB.