Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple introduces iPad

All-Inferno Blindly Painted Bastard's Avatar
    vCash

Non-Fantasy Football Player.

"We react to war in this way because everyone has a right to his own life, because war puts an end to human lives that are full of hope, because it brings individual men into humiliating situations, because it compels them against their will to murder other men, and because it destroys precious material objects which have been produced by labors of humanity". Sigmund Freud in a letter to Albert Einstein

vCash

What an absolute disaster of a product

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Shooks View Post
    What an absolute disaster of a product
    It's a niche product. I would expect the next generation will be the one that hits.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    -Thomas Jefferson

vCash

I'd think it would be awkward to type on this thing.
    4/26/2012

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sseelhoff View Post
    It's a niche product. I would expect the next generation will be the one that hits.
    I just don't see it, it's a giant Ipod Touch with optional 3G support....no multitasking, no camera, the memory sizes suck @ those prices.

I freely admit, I am not an Apple fan at all, but I was seriously intrigued by this tablet (it shouldn't even really be considered one) idea, but wow this thing just seems like a massive disappointment. The only thing that's impressive about this device is the battery life....and that's about it.

vCash

I'm an Apple PIMP and I can't see getting this product in its current form.
    Hate the name, too. iTab would've been better.
    I do however think that the laptop in its present form will be replaced by a hybrid of our mobile phones. The problem is, you can only go so small for a phone or so big. That is to say, it still has to be comfortable for the average human to use. But I would wager that within 2-5 years, like Jenny on the block's infamous speech suggests, "You will be blown away."
    MotorCityJoe- Since 2007: You talking to me?
    Member #6583

vCash

I just don't see it, it's a giant Ipod Touch with optional 3G support....no multitasking, no camera, the memory sizes suck @ those prices.

I freely admit, I am not an Apple fan at all, but I was seriously intrigued by this tablet (it shouldn't even really be considered one) idea, but wow this thing just seems like a massive disappointment. The only thing that's impressive about this device is the battery life....and that's about it.
    You would look like the **** taking a picture with the ipad Shooks!!!!!
    UM football free until Brandon is gone.

vCash

My point is, once they get some market feedback, they will improve the product to include those things. Look at the history of the iPod. The initial product was good, but the later generations have exceled. They also have a planned obsolescence in their products, so that they later generations so far eclipse the previous, that it drives demand.

But I'm not an Apple guy. Hell, I don't even use a computer, ever. Paper and pencils for me only. I once tried to use a calculator, and ended up electrocuting myself.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    -Thomas Jefferson

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sseelhoff View Post
    My point is, once they get some market feedback, they will improve the product to include those things. Look at the history of the iPod. The initial product was good, but the later generations have exceled. They also have a planned obsolescence in their products, so that they later generations so far eclipse the previous, that it drives demand.

But I'm not an Apple guy. Hell, I don't even use a computer, ever. Paper and pencils for me only. I once tried to use a calculator, and ended up electrocuting myself.
    Yes, I can see that happening, and I actually hope they do because this device has a lot more potential than what they have come up with here.

And

vCash

how is this different than say a netbook? (other than having a more inconvenient shape)
    4/26/2012

vCash

unlike an iphone, can this thing open more than one program at a time?
    4/26/2012