Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 23 to 33 of 115

Thread: Apple introduces iPad

                  
   
  1. #23
    All-Inferno Blindly Painted Bastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    caring for the exhibits at the SI HOI
    Posts
    25,879
    vCash
    30477

    Default

    Non-Fantasy Football Player.

    "We react to war in this way because everyone has a right to his own life, because war puts an end to human lives that are full of hope, because it brings individual men into humiliating situations, because it compels them against their will to murder other men, and because it destroys precious material objects which have been produced by labors of humanity". Sigmund Freud in a letter to Albert Einstein

  2. #24
    All-Newhouser Shooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    West Bloomfield
    Posts
    3,860
    vCash
    64065

    Default

    What an absolute disaster of a product

  3. #25
    All-Joe Louis sseelhoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    A Spartan in Texas
    Posts
    19,604
    vCash
    38103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shooks View Post
    What an absolute disaster of a product
    It's a niche product. I would expect the next generation will be the one that hits.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    -Thomas Jefferson

  4. #26
    All-Inferno MoOff24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Detroit to the bone
    Posts
    21,012
    vCash
    988

    Default

    I'd think it would be awkward to type on this thing.
    4/26/2012

  5. #27
    All-Newhouser Shooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    West Bloomfield
    Posts
    3,860
    vCash
    64065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sseelhoff View Post
    It's a niche product. I would expect the next generation will be the one that hits.
    I just don't see it, it's a giant Ipod Touch with optional 3G support....no multitasking, no camera, the memory sizes suck @ those prices.

    I freely admit, I am not an Apple fan at all, but I was seriously intrigued by this tablet (it shouldn't even really be considered one) idea, but wow this thing just seems like a massive disappointment. The only thing that's impressive about this device is the battery life....and that's about it.

  6. #28
    All-Greenberg motorcityjoe611's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Dream
    Posts
    9,154
    vCash
    39521

    Default

    I'm an Apple PIMP and I can't see getting this product in its current form.
    Hate the name, too. iTab would've been better.
    I do however think that the laptop in its present form will be replaced by a hybrid of our mobile phones. The problem is, you can only go so small for a phone or so big. That is to say, it still has to be comfortable for the average human to use. But I would wager that within 2-5 years, like Jenny on the block's infamous speech suggests, "You will be blown away."
    MotorCityJoe- Since 2007: You talking to me?
    Member #6583

  7. #29
    All-Inferno pGekko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    the Ville
    Posts
    68,292
    vCash
    10397114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shooks View Post
    I just don't see it, it's a giant Ipod Touch with optional 3G support....no multitasking, no camera, the memory sizes suck @ those prices.

    I freely admit, I am not an Apple fan at all, but I was seriously intrigued by this tablet (it shouldn't even really be considered one) idea, but wow this thing just seems like a massive disappointment. The only thing that's impressive about this device is the battery life....and that's about it.
    You would look like the **** taking a picture with the ipad Shooks!!!!!
    UM football free until Brandon is gone.

  8. #30
    All-Joe Louis sseelhoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    A Spartan in Texas
    Posts
    19,604
    vCash
    38103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shooks View Post
    I just don't see it, it's a giant Ipod Touch with optional 3G support....no multitasking, no camera, the memory sizes suck @ those prices.

    I freely admit, I am not an Apple fan at all, but I was seriously intrigued by this tablet (it shouldn't even really be considered one) idea, but wow this thing just seems like a massive disappointment. The only thing that's impressive about this device is the battery life....and that's about it.
    My point is, once they get some market feedback, they will improve the product to include those things. Look at the history of the iPod. The initial product was good, but the later generations have exceled. They also have a planned obsolescence in their products, so that they later generations so far eclipse the previous, that it drives demand.

    But I'm not an Apple guy. Hell, I don't even use a computer, ever. Paper and pencils for me only. I once tried to use a calculator, and ended up electrocuting myself.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    -Thomas Jefferson

  9. #31
    All-Newhouser Shooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    West Bloomfield
    Posts
    3,860
    vCash
    64065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sseelhoff View Post
    My point is, once they get some market feedback, they will improve the product to include those things. Look at the history of the iPod. The initial product was good, but the later generations have exceled. They also have a planned obsolescence in their products, so that they later generations so far eclipse the previous, that it drives demand.

    But I'm not an Apple guy. Hell, I don't even use a computer, ever. Paper and pencils for me only. I once tried to use a calculator, and ended up electrocuting myself.
    Yes, I can see that happening, and I actually hope they do because this device has a lot more potential than what they have come up with here.

    And

  10. #32
    All-Inferno MoOff24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Detroit to the bone
    Posts
    21,012
    vCash
    988

    Default

    how is this different than say a netbook? (other than having a more inconvenient shape)
    4/26/2012

  11. #33
    All-Inferno MoOff24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Detroit to the bone
    Posts
    21,012
    vCash
    988

    Default

    unlike an iphone, can this thing open more than one program at a time?
    4/26/2012

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •