Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Restaurant Thread

vCash

Default The Official Restaurant Thread

I figured since not all of us are from Detroit, and may not know about some of the great places to eat, this could be a great place to share some of our favorites and others can ask questions.

for instance, I have heard alot about Slows BBQ's food, but what is the atmosphere like? Loud? Museum like? Nice clothes? Can I go before going to Tigers game? Good bar?
    THE FREE MARKET IS FALLING!!!!

Preparing to put a 5th straight beatdown on UM
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by gutter6473 View Post
    I figured since not all of us are from Detroit, and may not know about some of the great places to eat, this could be a great place to share some of our favorites and others can ask questions.

for instance, I have heard alot about Slows BBQ's food, but what is the atmosphere like? Loud? Museum like? Nice clothes? Can I go before going to Tigers game? Good bar?
    Slows is outstanding, I recommend the Brisket...If it is a weekend, you better make reservations....Carpooling is recommended as there is very little parking

All-Lindsay
    vCash

The name reflects the speed of their service, Sloooooooooooooooooooow

vCash

Morton's, Melting Pot, Maggiano's, Katana
    SI member# 1572
    Lions Seats Section 223 Row 5 seats 1-4

ACC Country - F these Devils and TarHeells
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Slows is outstanding, I recommend the Brisket...If it is a weekend, you better make reservations....Carpooling is recommended as there is very little parking
    also the carolina pulled pork...mmmmm

EDIT: I'm thinking about making this my Father's Day lunch with the fam...just not sure of the traffic with construction...
    Last edited by Fletch; 06-12-2008 at 02:18 PM.
    Kids, you have the power

KARLinCL shall now be known as Karl Half Face and KALRinCL will live on in stories only

Just Like Football

vCash

Mitchell's Fish Market, anywhere in Mexican Town, A Matter of Taste in Commerce Township and Westpoint BBQ in Dearborn Heights are my favorites. A Matter of Taste is a once or twice a year place, though.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Can I walk in a pair of shorts and a untucked polo with a BB cap? Or is this more of a khakis and button down place.

vCash

Can I walk in a pair of shorts and a untucked polo with a BB cap? Or is this more of a khakis and button down place.
    you could head up in there with a beater on and be dressed fine

Preparing to put a 5th straight beatdown on UM
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by juicyj024 View Post
    you could head up in there with a beater on and be dressed fine

ditto......

vCash

Don't know if I'd consider this place a restaurant, but, Krazy Jim's Blimpy Burger in Ann Arbor is legendary. Best burger in town, IMHO.

I also highly reccomend Gabriel's Steak Hoagies on Michigan Ave in Ypsi. Best cheesesteaks around from what I've had.

If you want a killer sandwich, hit Dimo's Deli on W. Stadium Blvd in Ann Arbor, right next to Naylor Chrysler. Best sandwiches in town. I eat at Dimo's at least once a week. In fact, I had the roast beef club today, minus tomato, plus horseradish. Sandwiches are so damn big, I usually only eat half at lunch, then eat the rest later at like 6pm for dinner while I'm sitting at work, or bring it home with me.

vCash

If any of you are ever in the Grand Blanc/Flint area, go to the Redwood Lodge. Steaks, cigar bar, all beer brewed on site, etc. Buick Open week features a tent outside with a band as well as a band inside the lounge, did I forget to mention "bishes" everywhere???

Ok, shameless plug. My better half is the GM, but it is great food/beer and it's probably the only time when the # of attractive females >>> those that are not(Buick Open week) in the 810