Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Official Restaurant Thread

All-Lindsay
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by miggylo View Post
    Disagree, depends on what time you go. Got there at 5 on a Wednesday was out of there by 530. Obviously at 6 on a friday its going to be a little slow.
    You're opinion is skewed though. You've never been to a restaurant that you didn't like or had bad service at. Kind of like any softball pitch you see.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmujmo View Post
    In Detroit, I enjoy the original Buddy's (6 and Conant)
    I also enjoy Sala Thai in Eastern market...
    Eph Mcnallys by the old Tiger stadium = tasty

The most recent place to blow me away was:
    Gaucho Brazilian Steakhouse...outstanding... - The Inferno
    BAM on the Original Buddy's, and Sala Thai (used to get this when I was at the DMC) plus Pizza Papalis.

Over Ypsi/AA way you want decent Mexican at a great price, Tios on Washtinaw Ave (can't think of the cross street) good stuff there. There is also a place that serves Italian Ice right next door that is good too! Piasano's is decent Italian in AA.

Downriver where I tend to hang my hat, Mexican Garden in Southgate, if you like sushi the Black Pine Tree, is real good just up the street, both are on Eureka west of Dix-Toledo Rd.
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do. - Confucius

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GaryAngel View Post
    BAM on the Original Buddy's, and Sala Thai (used to get this when I was at the DMC) plus Pizza Papalis.

Over Ypsi/AA way you want decent Mexican at a great price, Tios on Washtinaw Ave (can't think of the cross street) good stuff there. There is also a place that serves Italian Ice right next door that is good too! Piasano's is decent Italian in AA.

Downriver where I tend to hang my hat, Mexican Garden in Southgate, if you like sushi the Black Pine Tree, is real good just up the street, both are on Eureka west of Dix-Toledo Rd.

If you're gonna go to Tios, you gotta go to the original Tios downtown Ann Arbor on Huron St next to the AA cop shop.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JDC48160 View Post
    If you're gonna go to Tios, you gotta go to the original Tios downtown Ann Arbor on Huron St next to the AA cop shop.
    I mentioned this one as it is easier to get at, though you are right the AA Downtown locale is better...
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do. - Confucius

vCash

Default Japanese Noodles

a place called Matsu Chan is the best.

Sheldon and Ford Rd. in Canton.
    #2995 - Bo, you are sorely missed - Please help us get a better coach.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JDC48160 View Post
    I also highly reccomend Gabriel's Steak Hoagies on Michigan Ave in Ypsi. Best cheesesteaks around from what I've had.
    I have to agree, they also opened a second place in Westland on Wayne Rd. just south of Ford.

vCash

but in Keeping with Gutter's original theme if it is supposed to be Detroit Restaurants I nominate, Roma Cafe as great Italian place to eat in the Eastern Market.

vCash

I'm also gonna throw out my favorite sushi joint. Sushi.com downtown Ann Arbor. It's like 2 doors down from the club I was at a couple weeks ago, Necto. If you ever get to this place, try the sunday morning roll. Most excellent.

vCash

I have always wanted to try fondue. I have heard of a place called the Melting Pot. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have heard that it is better to go with a group, any opinion about that? Also a general price range would be nice.
    Strike First, Strike Hard, No Mercy Sir

Supporting my team by giving you the Crooked Finger.

SI member 466

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by smorg79 View Post
    I have always wanted to try fondue. I have heard of a place called the Melting Pot. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have heard that it is better to go with a group, any opinion about that? Also a general price range would be nice.
    There used to be a small fondue place in RO - Wife and I ate there a few times. The melting Pot is on 16 Mile/Troy I believe.

You start off with a cheese fondue they make for you at the table, then they set up a hot oil or broth fondue for the main course, your protein of choice. You can finish it with dessert, a chocolate fondue. They also had nice salads and appetizers to choose from.

Worth checking out. Dinner take awhile, so not good if you are in a hurry. It would be a great place for a date.

Price will depend on what you order. If you want to dip Filet and Lobster, then it will be a pricey night. The one we used to go to was IMO a mid-price place.
    Be careful in wishing for a bigger more inclusive government. The bigger it gets, the more it must look for funding in some pretty unusual places.

Palin - 2012

vCash

I am thinking about getting the fam together and going for my birthday, but I don't want to break the bank doing it.
    Strike First, Strike Hard, No Mercy Sir

Supporting my team by giving you the Crooked Finger.

SI member 466