Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: What Book(s) Are You Currently Reading?

vCash

In the minority camp, I loved "Feast for Crows" great book . .smooth and efficient a good fourth act after all the action in the first three books. Also, went back and read ovr the stuff with the Watch, Wildlings and Mance . . good stuff once it is pulled apart on it's own. Love Ygritte, Jon Snow and the like. . . and have become a big fan of Samwell Tarly!!!!

Since books 2 through 5 are done and I am puzzled why the Starks and Lannisters hate each other and the TV show never explains it so it's off to book #1

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by auburntigerdude View Post
    In the minority camp, I loved "Feast for Crows" great book . .smooth and efficient a good fourth act after all the action in the first three books. Also, went back and read ovr the stuff with the Watch, Wildlings and Mance . . good stuff once it is pulled apart on it's own. Love Ygritte, Jon Snow and the like. . . and have become a big fan of Samwell Tarly!!!!

Since books 2 through 5 are done and I am puzzled why the Starks and Lannisters hate each other and the TV show never explains it so it's off to book #1

Gay.
    Member # 94

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    How Few Remain by Harry Turtledove.

Just finished the exorcist.
    One of the most frightening books (then movies) I have ever read. Never forget as a kid my sister told me she was reading that book (ten years older than me) and was living in an old 3 story house in Detroit. Her husband was working late and she was alone while reading it and heard a violent slam. In the next room a 4' x 5' mirror fell off the wall but didn't break. She never finished the book!
    MotorCityJoe- Since 2007: You talking to me?
    Member #6583

vCash

The art of fielding.

Very good story. It's about a kid as he goes through college playing baseball... It's not really about baseball, it's more just about him and the people around him
    Last edited by GF-22a; 12-14-2011 at 01:17 PM.

vCash

Does having an Audible.com account and listening to books count?

I am currently getting started into The Hunger Games series. So far it's pretty good. But the narrator's voice is a little annoying. But the book seems good so far (9 chapters in).

vCash

The Complete Sherlock Holmes, Vol. 1 by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    -Thomas Jefferson

vCash

Darius Slay will be a star.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EvenflowTen View Post
    Does having an Audible.com account and listening to books count?

I am currently getting started into The Hunger Games series. So far it's pretty good. But the narrator's voice is a little annoying. But the book seems good so far (9 chapters in).
    I don't read books any more I have them read to me. Audible is awesome. Just finished The Stand by SK. Did not like the narrator, and I've read it with my eyes before, so it was long.

New Dark Tower book comes out in April, King reads it himself. Looking forward to that.
    Member # 94

vCash

The Secret Knowledge by David Mamet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    MotorCityJoe- Since 2007: You talking to me?
    Member #6583

vCash

So I finished "Wind Through the Keyhole" today. The new Dark Tower book. IMO it sucked, didn't add anything to the series and was pretty boring. King read it himself, and he sounded horrible.

On a bright note, there's an excerpt from the Doctor Sleep book that's coming out in 2013, the sequel to The Shining. That was pretty good, and it's got me interested.
    Member # 94

vCash

i would like to read it, but the problem is, i don't remember everything from the dark tower...