Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Results 232 to 242 of 416

Thread: What Book(s) Are You Currently Reading?

                  
   
  1. #232
    All-Sawchuk HailtotheVictors20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    8,143
    vCash
    20510

    Default

    Supreme Power: Franklin Roosevelt vs. The Supreme Ct.

  2. #233
    All-Inferno GF-22a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    23,403
    vCash
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flemgoblue View Post
    finished the lost symbol by Dan Brown, now i think i'm going to go with a Patterson book.. not sure which one yet, probably the new one.
    when you say the new one i hope you don't mean "wizards".... i have the newest "cross" book. it was good

  3. #234
    All-Inferno GF-22a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    23,403
    vCash
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flemgoblue View Post
    finished the lost symbol by Dan Brown, now i think i'm going to go with a Patterson book.. not sure which one yet, probably the new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbearnick View Post
    I've only read one James Patterson Book, i think it was "London Bridge", i should probably get back in to those.
    i've actually read quite a few of his books... i enjoy his books because they are SO easy to read. gotta love 1 and 2 page chapters.

  4. #235
    All-Inferno GF-22a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    23,403
    vCash
    0

    Default

    for anyone looking into something to read i recommond the 3 book series by stieg larsson. starts with "the girl with the dragon tatoo"... "the girl who played with fire" and "the girl who kicked the hornets nest" i know you can get the first two in stores now but i'm not sure about the 3rd one yet. i think you can though. if you have a kindle or the app they are fairly cheap on there.

  5. #236
    All-Inferno GF-22a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    23,403
    vCash
    0

    Default

    i just got done reading "child 44" about a serial killer in old time russia. and right now i'm finishing up elmore leonard's "when the women come out to play" both books are decent but i don't think i'd tell anyone they are "must reads"

  6. #237
    All-Inferno Blindly Painted Bastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    caring for the exhibits at the SI HOI
    Posts
    25,879
    vCash
    30477

    Default

    SAS Macros coursenotes.
    Non-Fantasy Football Player.

    "We react to war in this way because everyone has a right to his own life, because war puts an end to human lives that are full of hope, because it brings individual men into humiliating situations, because it compels them against their will to murder other men, and because it destroys precious material objects which have been produced by labors of humanity". Sigmund Freud in a letter to Albert Einstein

  7. #238
    All-Lindsay MGoBlueMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,901
    vCash
    12233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mororvia View Post
    MGoBlueMB: The overview on Amazon says this:


    How much of the book seems to be politician bashing and how much is actual substance ?
    Juan Cole is one of the preeminent scholars on the middle east in the world. He is essentially the forefront of analysis of the middle east.

  8. #239
    All-Lindsay MGoBlueMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,901
    vCash
    12233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mororvia View Post
    MGoBlueMB: The overview on Amazon says this:


    How much of the book seems to be politician bashing and how much is actual substance ?
    it comes across as political bashing because the Bush administration really was that clueless when it came to the middle east

  9. #240
    All-Inferno flemgoblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Troy
    Posts
    29,219
    vCash
    32140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GF-22a View Post
    when you say the new one i hope you don't mean "wizards".... i have the newest "cross" book. it was good
    i only like the thriller books by him.. the cross ones specifically and a couple of others.. but after the dan brown book, which isn't a tough read, but you have to concentrate, i could use a patterson.. so easy to read.
    SI member# 1572
    Lions Seats Section 223 Row 5 seats 1-4

  10. #241
    All-Gehringer JBallard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI
    Posts
    1,367
    vCash
    5392

    Default

    "My Custom Van: and 52 Mind-BLowing Essays that Will Blow your Mind all over your face" By: Michael Ian Black ( HYSTERICAL)
    "Is This a Great Game, or What?: From A-Rod's Heart to Zim's Head--My 25 Years in Baseball" - Tim Kurkjian -great bathroom read....just quips and little anecdotes from lockerrooms, etc...
    SI Member # 137

  11. #242
    All-Inferno GF-22a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    23,403
    vCash
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flemgoblue View Post
    i only like the thriller books by him.. the cross ones specifically and a couple of others.. but after the dan brown book, which isn't a tough read, but you have to concentrate, i could use a patterson.. so easy to read.
    double cross is pretty good...and so is the latest cross book, i can't remember the name but it's something like, i am cross. anyways that's but i thought the ending could have been better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •