Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: What Book(s) Are You Currently Reading?

vCash

Supreme Power: Franklin Roosevelt vs. The Supreme Ct.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by flemgoblue View Post
    finished the lost symbol by Dan Brown, now i think i'm going to go with a Patterson book.. not sure which one yet, probably the new one.
    when you say the new one i hope you don't mean "wizards".... i have the newest "cross" book. it was good

vCash

finished the lost symbol by Dan Brown, now i think i'm going to go with a Patterson book.. not sure which one yet, probably the new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbearnick View Post
    I've only read one James Patterson Book, i think it was "London Bridge", i should probably get back in to those.
    i've actually read quite a few of his books... i enjoy his books because they are SO easy to read. gotta love 1 and 2 page chapters.

vCash

for anyone looking into something to read i recommond the 3 book series by stieg larsson. starts with "the girl with the dragon tatoo"... "the girl who played with fire" and "the girl who kicked the hornets nest" i know you can get the first two in stores now but i'm not sure about the 3rd one yet. i think you can though. if you have a kindle or the app they are fairly cheap on there.

vCash

i just got done reading "child 44" about a serial killer in old time russia. and right now i'm finishing up elmore leonard's "when the women come out to play" both books are decent but i don't think i'd tell anyone they are "must reads"

All-Inferno Blindly Painted Bastard's Avatar
    vCash

SAS Macros coursenotes.
    Non-Fantasy Football Player.

"We react to war in this way because everyone has a right to his own life, because war puts an end to human lives that are full of hope, because it brings individual men into humiliating situations, because it compels them against their will to murder other men, and because it destroys precious material objects which have been produced by labors of humanity". Sigmund Freud in a letter to Albert Einstein

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mororvia View Post
    MGoBlueMB: The overview on Amazon says this:

How much of the book seems to be politician bashing and how much is actual substance ?
    Juan Cole is one of the preeminent scholars on the middle east in the world. He is essentially the forefront of analysis of the middle east.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mororvia View Post
    MGoBlueMB: The overview on Amazon says this:

How much of the book seems to be politician bashing and how much is actual substance ?
    it comes across as political bashing because the Bush administration really was that clueless when it came to the middle east

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GF-22a View Post
    when you say the new one i hope you don't mean "wizards".... i have the newest "cross" book. it was good
    i only like the thriller books by him.. the cross ones specifically and a couple of others.. but after the dan brown book, which isn't a tough read, but you have to concentrate, i could use a patterson.. so easy to read.
    SI member# 1572
    Lions Seats Section 223 Row 5 seats 1-4

vCash

"My Custom Van: and 52 Mind-BLowing Essays that Will Blow your Mind all over your face" By: Michael Ian Black ( HYSTERICAL)
    "Is This a Great Game, or What?: From A-Rod's Heart to Zim's Head--My 25 Years in Baseball" - Tim Kurkjian -great bathroom read....just quips and little anecdotes from lockerrooms, etc...
    SI Member # 137

vCash

i only like the thriller books by him.. the cross ones specifically and a couple of others.. but after the dan brown book, which isn't a tough read, but you have to concentrate, i could use a patterson.. so easy to read.
    double cross is pretty good...and so is the latest cross book, i can't remember the name but it's something like, i am cross. anyways that's but i thought the ending could have been better.