Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 11 of 55

Thread: "Hank Aaron is a Coward" - Rob Parker

                  
   
  1. #1
    Ive studied abroad or two Fraserburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Forest, Ontario
    Posts
    19,590
    vCash
    244268

    Default "Hank Aaron is a Coward" - Rob Parker

    Mike and Mike are talking about this column from this mornings DetNews.

    Its pretty ballsy for anybody to even consider calling Aaron a coward let alone headlining your article with it.

    Aaron doesnt owe anybody an explanation for his actions, but hey thats just my opinion

    Shame on Aaron for not being supportive of Bonds






    Hank Aaron is a coward. He's taking a stance but not saying what it is.
    There's no other way to look at it. Aaron, the home run king, is playing a neutral role in the biggest sports debate since whether hits king Pete Rose deserved to be in the Hall of Fame.
    It's clear Barry Bonds will supplant Aaron as the king of the long ball. Bonds is 18 home runs away from No. 756, one better than Aaron.
    Still, Aaron says he will notbe there when he drops to No. 2.
    Why? Who knows. Or more like, we allknow.
    It comes down to accusations Bonds used steroids, even though the slugger hasn't been found guilty.
    http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...TS08/704200362
    Learning Taco Bell meat is not meat is like learning that cigarettes are addictive

  2. #2
    All-Dumars Scott37189's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,023
    vCash
    15789

    Default

    ARRRGGGHHH! This is exactly what Parker wants, to get national pub. I wish Mike and Mike wouldn't have even talked about this. I stopped reading his stuff a number of years ago.

    Hank Aaron can do whatever the hell he wants.
    Check back later

  3. #3
    All-Dumars FastFreddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,918
    vCash
    20517

    Default

    Rob Parker = Dispicable and disgraceful, I have never been more disgusted by one of your crappy articles.

  4. #4
    All ACfromtheD Beard tommyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    33,296
    vCash
    1390000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FastFreddie View Post
    Rob Parker = Dispicable and disgraceful, I have never been more disgusted by one of your crappy articles.
    Rob Parker = Brilliant... He is getting what he wants. He will be the talk on local and national stations...He will get the news website tons of hits....
    "People who drink light "beer" don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."

  5. #5
    Ive studied abroad or two Fraserburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Forest, Ontario
    Posts
    19,590
    vCash
    244268

    Default

    They didnt give it much time, maybe 5 minutes at the most.
    Just long enough to say how stupid it is to call hank aaron a coward regardless of if he's going to the park or not
    Learning Taco Bell meat is not meat is like learning that cigarettes are addictive

  6. #6
    All-Lindsay Scotb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,425
    vCash
    3732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tommyz View Post
    Rob Parker = Brilliant... He is getting what he wants. He will be the talk on local and national stations...He will get the news website tons of hits....
    So basically, Rob Parker does a great job of making himself look like an AssClown. I hope its worth it Rob

  7. #7
    All-Greenberg ScottYoshonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    9,790
    vCash
    4186

    Default

    I love how Parker thinks that, because he can't imagine any "other way to look at it," that there can't possibly be one. "Do what I want, or you're a coward!" How typically self-important.

    IMO, Aaron has said all he needs to by announcing his intention not to be there when his record is broken. His not descending into the realm of the "he said this, and then he said that" back-and-forth in the media is perfectly understandable, as another thing that Parker seems not capable of understanding is that avoiding annoyances is not the same as cowardice.

    Aaron has always been a man who has carried himself with class and dignity, without badmouthing anyone, and there is no reason for him to start now. He has earned the right not to have to answer the demands of two-bit outrage-mongers like Parker because of that class and dignity, more concepts with which Wobby is obviously unfamiliar.

    This guy is no better than the playground pest that everyone here remembers from school. "Hey, everybody! Look at me! I'm an independent thinker! If you like something, I think it sucks! See how tough and smart I am?"

    Pitiful.
    R.I.P. Same Old Spartans.

  8. #8
    All ACfromtheD Beard tommyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    33,296
    vCash
    1390000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scotb79 View Post
    So basically, Rob Parker does a great job of making himself look like an AssClown. I hope its worth it Rob
    There are people out there who feel the same as Rob. I dont but..It gets people to read. That is his job
    "People who drink light "beer" don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."

  9. #9
    All-Greenberg ScottYoshonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    9,790
    vCash
    4186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tommyz View Post
    Rob Parker = Brilliant... He is getting what he wants. He will be the talk on local and national stations...He will get the news website tons of hits....
    Yeah, just as "brilliant" as the guy who spray-paints obscenities on buildings. He gets people talking, too, and for the same reasons.
    R.I.P. Same Old Spartans.

  10. #10
    Ive studied abroad or two Fraserburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Forest, Ontario
    Posts
    19,590
    vCash
    244268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottYoshonis View Post
    I love how Parker thinks that, because he can't imagine any "other way to look at it," that there can't possibly be one. "Do what I want, or you're a coward!" How typically self-important.

    IMO, Aaron has said all he needs to by announcing his intention not to be there when his record is broken. His not descending into the realm of the "he said this, and then he said that" back-and-forth in the media is perfectly understandable, as another thing that Parker seems not capable of understanding is that avoiding annoyances is not the same as cowardice.

    Aaron has always been a man who has carried himself with class and dignity, without badmouthing anyone, and there is no reason for him to start now. He has earned the right not to have to answer the demands of two-bit outrage-mongers like Parker because of that class and dignity, more concepts with which Wobby is obviously unfamiliar.

    This guy is no better than the playground pest that everyone here remembers from school. "Hey, everybody! Look at me! I'm an independent thinker! If you like something, I think it sucks! See how tough and smart I am?"

    Pitiful.

    Exactly,

    Bonds hasnt come right out and said he cheated so why does Hank have to come right out and accuse Bonds cheated?

    It is generally assumed Bonds was juicing, so you can generally assume Hank isnt going because of that.

    If Bonds can stay quiet, so can Hank


    Like Mike & Mike said: "Would Hank Aaron be there if Griffey Jr was breaking the record? Definitly"
    Learning Taco Bell meat is not meat is like learning that cigarettes are addictive

  11. #11
    All ACfromtheD Beard tommyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    33,296
    vCash
    1390000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottYoshonis View Post
    Yeah, just as "brilliant" as the guy who spray-paints obscenities on buildings. He gets people talking, too, and for the same reasons.
    Disagree........I do agree with your point, but Rob is doing his job..
    "People who drink light "beer" don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •