Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: "Hank Aaron is a Coward" - Rob Parker

Ive studied abroad or two Fraserburn's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yourmom_is_hot View Post
    what i meant was who is Rob Parker to call Hank Aaron a coward, i probably shoulda elaborated.
    Yeah i was wondering that after I posted

You mean he hasnt earned the right to question Hank Aaron

gotcha
    Learning Taco Bell meat is not meat is like learning that cigarettes are addictive

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by det4lyfe View Post
    Its funny how you guys spread so much hate and you all don't even know Parker personally. Let the guy give his opinion. You give yours big deal. All the personal attacks are crazy to me. What if I call for you to lose your job because I don't agree with how you do your job?

That is fine if Parker wants to give his opinion and say "I think Aaron should be there"...I just take issue with him calling the man a coward. The guy deserves more respect than this. Go pick on PacMan or Alec Baldwin if you want to do this junk, not someone who is such a hero and doesn't deserve it.
    Last edited by FastFreddie; 04-20-2007 at 02:30 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Fraserburn View Post
    Yeah i was wondering that after I posted

You mean he hasnt earned the right to question Hank Aaron

gotcha

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by robby241 View Post
    rob parker is an idiot, pure and simple. i disregard anything he has to say.
    Ive met him a couple of times, he is an OK guy, but he is the worst sports columnist around. The only time I read his stuff is when someone posts one of his ridiculous columns on the board. After re-reading the column, I found this section to be comical.....

"Still, Aaron says he will notbe there when he drops to No. 2.

Why? Who knows. Or more like, we all know.

It comes down to accusations Bonds used steroids, even though the slugger hasn't been found guilty."

What's Aaron's problem?

OJ wasnt found guilty either Rob, despite overwhelming evidence...... Read Game of Shadows, check the legal documents, see how most guys surrounding Bonds are either in jail or just got out of jail, etc........besides the point I made earlier, 99% of people in baseball think the guy is a complete and total jerk.

vCash

It is not hank Aarons style to come out and accuse anybody. He has true class. He has made his stand by staying away. Action speaks louder than words.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by devilmaster View Post
    Done for you.

If I was Aaron, would I want to go to game after game with the same question over and over - 'do you think Bonds used?' I wouldn't thats for sure.

What showed Parker's true colours for me was this line:

aka... It isn't fair to me and other hack reporters.....

That just screams to me that Rob is whining for a story, and since he can't get the story he really wants to write, he's going to bash the guy who won't give it to him, Aaron.

I think Hank is doing the right thing. Very simply, he's doing the only thing he can do.

Can he come out and say Barry took roids without proof? No.

Can he go to the games and face the hundreds of reporters who will all ask the same thing 'do you think barry did it clean?' with the off chance that someone will misinterpret what he says because some writer wants some national pub?

Its going to be a media circus when Barry nears it, and it would be great fodder if Hank did come out and say something that would be repeated ad nauseum for every media outlet to hash and rehash for the rest of the season.

I believe Hank is following the old axiom - if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Too bad Rob Parker is too dumb to follow that.
    Amen! preach the Good News!!!!
    RIP UGA VII!
    DAMN GOOD DAWG!

vCash

Hank Aaron will always be the homerun king!
    RIP UGA VII!
    DAMN GOOD DAWG!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by AlBundy33 View Post
    It's just amazing to me how Rob Parker and Drew Sharp have not been run out of town with their negative journalism over the years.
    Hey,

Leave Drew out of this.Drew has the balls to complain about the Lions or any other organization and then go into the locker and meet face to face with them.
    Parker is to busy with his head up Dumars ass to even think.

All-Layne
    vCash

Rob Parker couldn't carry Hank Aarons lunch, plain and simple. Hank Aaron is all class, Parker is all a$$.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by AlBundy33 View Post
    It's just amazing to me how Rob Parker and Drew Sharp have not been run out of town with their negative journalism over the years.
    They have... Rob goes to bristol for cold pizza and Drew goes to LA for Rome.

Look... I it is pretty simple. Does Aaron have to be there? No. Should he... yes. He did not have anything to do with any of the steroids mess, but it is the right thing to do. Until the record is tossed as being bunk. But I will say this, Selig better be their for every swing. He got rich off of the steroid era and basically created this mess. And until it is cleaned up and/or he retires, he should be out there everyday taking his whippings.
    As for our local boy Wab Parker, I would be very careful who you are calling a coward. This man went through more adversity than you could ever imagine. And I am not even talking about on the field...I am talking about straight up worring if your family is going to make it home every night.
    Wab is on the edge. He has basically no strings holding him in this town now and ESPN is just teetering on whether or not to make this guy a semi permanent part of their "family". He is just looking to push himself over the edge. He thinks going the way of whitlock and Lebo-tard will make him look edgy enough.
    It is just real sad that he has to try to pull another man down just for him to get up.
    THE FREE MARKET IS FALLING!!!!
    THE FREE MARKET IS FALLING!!!!

vCash

I truly HATE Rob Parker but I do agree with him on this matter. I'm not calling Hank a coward but I think he should go and for most of the reasons that Parker wrote about.
    They say 'the truth
    shall come to the light.'
    So everybody grab your shades
    cuz your boy's that bright!