Page 162 of 404 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,772 to 1,782 of 4441

Thread: The Beer Thread

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by General283 View Post
    Cut your lawn
    mtdman didnt show up today.
    4/26/2012

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MoOff24 View Post
    this one is good too.

A good buddy of mine is president/CEO at Sander's Chocolate. We played Texas Hold Em one night and he brought a case of their chocolate beer, which I think is brewed for them by Atwater or Detroit Brewing Company. I didn't taste it because I'm not into flavored or overly heavy beers but wondered if any of you have tried it.
    MotorCityJoe- Since 2007: You talking to me?
    Member #6583

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by motorcityjoe611 View Post
    A good buddy of mine is president/CEO at Sander's Chocolate. We played Texas Hold Em one night and he brought a case of their chocolate beer, which I think is brewed for them by Atwater or Detroit Brewing Company. I didn't taste it because I'm not into flavored or overly heavy beers but wondered if any of you have tried it.
    I have had it. It is ok. Drinkable, enjoyable, but nothing special. Young's Double Chocolate Stout is much much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by robdiddy View Post
    I'm actually a homosexual and I want to sex you till you love me.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas City Joey View Post
    I tried the Founders Breakfast Stout last weekend, and wasn't super impressed. Im not sure what I was expecting, but it didn't blow me away. Especially for the $10.99/4pack pricetag. Not bad by any means... but not being a huge stout fan, I guess I can only compare it to other stouts, and saying that, it was good... just nothing spectacular.

And for GG... Try that Singapore IPA from Saugatauk Brewery... very good. Also, RACER 5 IPA is pretty solid. Just make sure you get the sediment from the bottom of the bottle, it makes it much much better.
    Good call on the Racer 5, solid IPA. However, I can't believe you didn't like Breakfast Stout. That beer is amazing.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by gordongekko View Post
    Haven't tried either milks. Is Dragonsmilk from Dragonmead?
    No, it is made by New Holland. I am not a fan. It isn't smooth at all- big alcohol bite.

If it's stouts you want, I would highly recommend:
    Founder's Breakfast Stout and Founders Kentucky Bourbon Stout
    Bell's Java Stout
    Young's Double Chocolate.

Not a stout, but I do also like New Holland's Ichabod Pumpkin Ale. It is one of the better versions of the pumpkin beer IMO.

vCash

Oh, if it's New Holland, I've had it then. I went to the New Holland brewery and tried everything.
    pEmo

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by gordongekko View Post
    Oh, if it's New Holland, I've had it then. I went to the New Holland brewery and tried everything.
    Yeah, they serve it on the tour if you did that. It's dark, think and has a strong taste of the bourbon barrels they age it in. However, the alcohol is way too up front. I am ok with high alcohol beers, but this beer is just too hot.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ilov80s View Post
    I have had it. It is ok. Drinkable, enjoyable, but nothing special. Young's Double Chocolate Stout is much much better.
    This will probably sound stupid but I'll ask anyway:
    Do these types of beer taste like beer with hints of chocolate (or other flavors) or are they thick and very chocolaty (or whatever the flavor)?

Because I had a cherry wheat beer that I couldn't get through. Not half a bottle. One was a Sam Adams and the other from Traverse City. Cool ass logo and bottle shape but too freaking sweet.
    MotorCityJoe- Since 2007: You talking to me?
    Member #6583

vCash

First and last time I had cherry wheat was when I was about 17, in the parking lot at Pine Knob, puking it out of my nose.

Haven't had it since.
    pEmo

vCash

Bought a 6 pack of this once. Couldn't even get through one beer. Never again.

4/26/2012

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by motorcityjoe611 View Post
    This will probably sound stupid but I'll ask anyway:
    Do these types of beer taste like beer with hints of chocolate (or other flavors) or are they thick and very chocolaty (or whatever the flavor)?

Because I had a cherry wheat beer that I couldn't get through. Not half a bottle. One was a Sam Adams and the other from Traverse City. Cool ass logo and bottle shape but too freaking sweet.
    I can't stand cherry beers. I just don't think the 2 flavors work together. Young's does taste a bit of chocolate. Chocolate goes well with alcohol/ though. Coffee, caramel, and chocolate work really well in stouts. It is a little sweet, but nothing like a cherry beer. Don't forget that chocolate is not sweet. The beer does have a little sweetness to it, but it is not some overly sugared drink.