Page 5 of 459 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weather Thread

ShoeGal

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Tannen
    Yep, the snow has started again. There used to be a "Clock" restaurant near where I work, but it no longer exists. No clocktower though. You will get another snow squall momentarily.
    I'm starting to suspect you guys wave and play flashlight tag with each other through your office windows...

Ive studied abroad or two Fraserburn's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ShoeGal
    I'm starting to suspect you guys wave and play flashlight tag with each other through your office windows...
    I honestly dont know why i talk to him on here, the tin cup and string works just fine (quicker than this server anyway )
    Learning Taco Bell meat is not meat is like learning that cigarettes are addictive

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Fraserburn
    I honestly dont know why i talk to him on here, the tin cup and string works just fine (quicker than this server anyway )
    We need to get those water balloon slingshots and stand under the bridge and have a war. Yes, in winter.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Tannen
    We need to get those water balloon slingshots and stand under the bridge and have a war. Yes, in winter.
    I've got 2 waterballoon slingshots!!! Mind if I tag along for some target practice for next years canoe trip?
    LOL
    Kathi

vCash

Weather today?

freaking beautiful

more: http://www.secondpagemedia.com/gallery/2006-10-12
    SI Member #531 (that's three digits.)

Detroit transplant in Chicago, reppin' our teams to the locals

vCash

Talked to my Mom this morning, she still lives in Buffalo. She has no power, all the trees in the yard have snapped, can't get the car out of the garage and she is COLD. As a kid growing up in that area I cant not remember having snow before Halloween let alone 20 inches of it.
    "peace does not keep itself; conflict is prevented by vigilance and strength, not by appeasement and weakness" - Robert "Buzz" Patterson.

vCash

Update: its the most snow in the Buffalo area since 1917. There are not expecting to have power back on until Monday.
    "peace does not keep itself; conflict is prevented by vigilance and strength, not by appeasement and weakness" - Robert "Buzz" Patterson.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by goose28in
    Update: its the most snow in the Buffalo area since 1917. There are not expecting to have power back on until Monday.
    Holy crap...I knew winters there SUCKED but 20" on 10/13...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Price
    Wow.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by goose28in
    I was in Niagara in August, and since it's near Buffalo I just checked the webcam:

http://www.fallsview.com/Stream/NightVisionStream.shtml

Doesn't look that bad so it must have been the lake effect.

vCash

A rare early October snowstorm left parts of the Great Lakes and Midwest blanketed with 2 feet of snow Friday morning, prompting widespread blackouts, closing schools and halting traffic.

By early Friday, 14 inches of snow had been recorded at the Buffalo Niagara International Airport, with reports of 2 feet elsewhere, said Tom Paone, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service. The snowfall was expected to continue throughout the morning, he said.

The snow downed scores of tree limbs and toppled power lines, leaving more than 220,000 customers without electricity in western New York. (Watch for scenes of the damage and boot-covering snow -- 1:06)

On Thursday, 8.3 inches of heavy snow set the record for the "snowiest" October day in Buffalo in the 137-year history of the weather service, said meteorologist Tom Niziol. The previous record of 6 inches was set October 31, 1917.

"This is an extremely rare event for this early in the season," Niziol said.
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/WEATHER/10/1...ion=cnn_latest
    THey go on to talk about Detroit and the baseball game, lol

I'll Make Ya Famous... SpartyNick's Avatar
    vCash

Snowing @ 13 Mile + Northwestern Hwy. Big flakes, starting to accumulate slowly.
    Some men aren't looking for anything logical.... They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.