All signs point toward Rodney Stuckey returning to the Detroit Pistons lineup tonight against the Washington Wizards.
Stuckey, who has missed the last three games with a sore left big toe, declared himself ready to go after taking part in the Pistons morning shoot around at the Verizon Center.
"It was fine," Stuckey said. "I'm going to give it a go, try to see how I feel and what not. It's getting better. I'm taking it day by day. I'm going to play tonight. The swelling and all that stuff is out. I've been icing it. It's feeling pretty good.
"I'll be all right. It's just another injury I have to take care of."
Coach Lawrence Frank said the decision on whether to play Stuckey wouldn't be made until game time but admitted that things looked promising.
"Always reserve judgment," Frank said. "Our thoughts right now are that he'll be in but as always, we'll wait and see."
If Stuckey does indeed play, he'll replace Ben Gordon in the starting lineup.
The Pistons could use Stuckey's offense after failing to reach the 80-point mark in their last two games, losses to the Miami Heat Friday and New York Knicks Saturday.
When he was sidelined, Stuckey had replaced center Greg Monroe as the Pistons' top offensive threat.
Before he scored seven points while trying to play through the injury during a March 18 loss to the Clipper, Stuckey had averaged 24.2 points during a nine-game stretch. That included 35 points March 14 in a win at Sacramento and 34 March 6 in an overtime victory over the Lakers at The Palace.
Although he's not 100 percent yet, Stuckey figures the only way he can truly test the toe is during a game.
But what if he aggravates it?
"I hope not," said Stuckey, who leads the Pistons in scoring at 16.3 per game. "We'll see how I play tonight. I'm just going to go out there and play the way I've been playing, being aggressive and getting my teammates involved and hopefully we can get a victory.
"We'll find out tonight if I re-aggravate it. If not, I'll be fine."
Frank said that guard Will Bynum, who missed the loss in New York with a virus, will also be a game-time decision.
"We'll wait and see," Frank said. "We had some further tests done yesterday to see where he's at. Things look favorable. But we'll make that a game-time decision as well."